- The Promoter is Ascential Events (Europe) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 07814172 and with registered offices at c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London WC2B 5AP, United Kingdom.
- The promoter is holding a series of 2 quizzes for entrants to answer a series of multiple choice questions on topics relating to global creativity (each a “Quiz”) to be held consecutively on 26 June 2020 (the “Quiz Date”) with the first Quiz starting an approximately 5:40pm (BST).
- Each Quiz offers the opportunity to win a standard delegate pass to the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity 2021 worth €3,495 (three thousand four hundred and ninety five euros) by being one of the top two entrants to answer the most questions correctly in that Quiz.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, each entrant must enter their details as part of the log in process via lionslive.canneslions.com on or prior to each Quiz.
- Entries received after 5:40pm on the Quiz Date will still be able to participate in each Quiz but if those entries are received after a Quiz has started they will be disadvantaged by not having answered any questions already asked and thus less likely to win the prize.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. In the event that an entrant wins the prize, the entrant agrees to be bound by the Cannes Lions Delegate Terms and Conditions which can be found here (https://www.canneslions.com/terms-and-conditions).
- If an entrant decides it does not wish to participate, they can withdraw its entry at any time prior to the Quiz Date by written notice to email@example.com .
- Please see lionslive.canneslions.com for a copy of these quiz terms and conditions.
- Each Quiz is open to any entrant over the age of 18 except:
a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Quiz or its administration; or
c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- Each entrant must have access to the Cannes Lions web site (www.canneslions.com) and lionslive.canneslions.com .
- An entrant may enter both Quizzes but is only eligible to win one delegate pass in total. Any entrant designated a winner in the first Quiz shall be excluded from the calculations set out in paragraph (16) below.
- The prize for each Quiz is two standard delegate passes to the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity 2021 each worth €3,495 (three thousand four hundred and ninety five euros) provided by Ascential Events (Europe) Limited.
- The prize is not negotiable. Each delegate pass will be issued in the name of the winning entrant and is not transferable.
- Each Quiz will take place online at lionslive.canneslions.com with the first Quiz starting at approximately 5:40pm BST on the Quiz Date.
- Each Quiz will consist of approximately 20 multiple choice questions.
- For each Quiz, the winning entrant will be the two entrants that answer the most questions correctly in that Quiz (with calculations for the second Quiz excluding entrants who have been designated a winner in the first Quiz). In the event of a tie between two or more entrants, the answers from those entrants will be analysed to determine who answered each Quiz question fastest and a point awarded to the entrant for each fastest answer. The winning entrant will be the entrant with the most points awarded for answering the question correctly in the fastest time. If there remains a tie after this exercise, the winning entrant will be the entrant with the fastest average response time overall.
- Each Quiz will be overseen by an independent third party with no commercial interest in that Quiz.
- The outcome of a Quiz is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will announce the winners on the Quiz Date or as soon as possible thereafter on lionslive.canneslions.com and/or using the email addresses provided with the quiz entry.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award has taken place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will send the surname and country of prize winners to anyone who requests this information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month after the Quiz Date.
- If you object to your surname or country being published or made available, please notify the Promoter at email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- Once the Promoter has announced the winning entrants with notification of the outcome of each Quiz, the Promoter will send details of the delegate passes directly to the entrants addresses.
- A delegate pass may not be claimed by a third party on an entrant’s behalf.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact winning entrants. If an entrant cannot be contacted within 14 of days of the Quiz Date, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from that entrant.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if a winning entrant is not able to take up the prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- If any entrant’s details are provided by a third party, such third party warrants they have appropriate authority to do so including that such details may be used in accordance with these quiz terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend a Quiz or these quiz terms and conditions where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.